Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trying something old as new

Although working with computers has been my bread and butter for 20 years, I am a mathematician. Not applied math but what is called "pure math". But to the point, I have been training as adjunct faculty (short 2-3 day classes in computer related topics) off and on for 18 years but have not taught a semester length course since my days as Adjunct Faculty for VCU.

I am giving a teaching demonstration on graphing rational functions this coming week as part of an interview for an Adjunct Faculty position at JTCC. I have been wanting to get back in to teaching math at the semester level and hopefully this will work out.

Teaching is a wonderful way to keep up with a topic and help keep skills honed. Of course it is also wonderful to see students learn; to spread knowledge. I love to pass on knowledge.

Of course I will continue with my computer work which I enjoy but am looking forward to the opportunity to teach math again.

1 comment:

  1. Congratualtions, I thihk this will be a nice thing for you, and kind of get you back into the academic world so to speak.

    ReplyDelete